Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Derping Around

Hubby and I, in our excitement to move to KC, tried to rush the kitties through their toilet training. If I haven't mentioned that we're literally training them to use the people potty, then I should explain: the all-too-clever "they" have created a litter box that sits over/inside the toilet bowl, and the seat comes down over top to form a perimeter around the litter box. The cats are supposed to get used to 1. The climb up to the throne and 2. Having the seat down and slightly in their way. Over time, the litter box gets smaller and smaller by taking rings out of the center until the litter box becomes a litter ring and then nothing--it's gone completely, and there's nothing but the seat for kitty to balance on. This eliminates the scooping, the sweeping of scattered litter, and, most importantly, the smell--all with one simple flush. So, we decided to take take the center ring out of the litter box a bit prematurely causing the cats' brains to melt which then caused them to go everywhere but where they should, their favorite being the tub followed closely by the carpet. Unfortunately for our friends, we left town to take some Christmas ornaments, old clothes, and board games to Kansas, leaving them to clean up everything in the bathroom we locked them in, even the sink and the door. We haven't seen these friends since we got back; I hope it's nothing to do with the special bit of hell we left them with.

The cats are just now starting to use the litter box as something other than a bed or a way to the counter. Baby steps.

I'm headed to Kansas again this weekend because I've managed to leave behind not just my Pirates of the Caribbean game but my toothbrush, computer, clothes, and hubby's school books. In the mean time, I'm still looking for a job, and I'm watching Firefly on Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment